[채용] Executive Director (사무총장)What We Do
WWF-Korea (World Wide Fund for Nature) is the Korea national office of the world's leading independent conservation organization. WWF's global mission is to stop the degradation of the planet and create a future in which people live in harmony with nature. WWF works to conserve the planet's natural capitals; lands, fresh waters, oceans, and biodiversity and reduce the ecological footprints. This is achieved in Korea and globally by working on the ground with local communities, and in partnership with other stakeholders, including governments and businesses. We are creating solutions to the most serious challenges in Korea and the planet by inspiring and engaging business leaders and influencers, policy-makers, and the public – because we want a world where people and nature thrive.
The Executive Director – about the role
WWF-Korea seeks an outstanding and distinctive leader as our new Executive Director. We need someone who will build on our achievements to date and increase the organization's contribution to the environment, conservation, climate change, and sustainability. Reporting to our Chair and working closely with our Board of Directors, the Executive Director will bring vision, inspiration, and leadership to the many facets of the organization, including raising funds, campaigning for impact on societal change. The Executive Director must be able to operate flexibly within a global network while maintaining focus on the many unique challenges in Korea. This role is one of considerable breadth. It combines Korea leadership of a globally significant NGO with a strong, trusted brand. This position has an exceptional range of responsibilities: being a visionary yet practical leader, a bold strategist, a representative, an influencer, and someone who empowers our committed staff.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Institutional development & capacity building
• Driving performance & achieving impact
• Oversight, accountability, and governance compliance
Qualification & Experience
• Passion for nature conservation and sustainable development, coupled with a belief in the WWF Missions and Values
• Entrepreneurship taking up new challenges and seizing or creating new opportunities with innovative and yet practical solutions.
• High standards of integrity, Personal drive, and dynamism, Open-mindedness & receptiveness to new ideas and Empathetic personality.
• Minimum 10 years of senior management experience, and a proven track record of success, preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to administer a fast-paced and complex organization in a multi-cultural international setting.
• Strong leadership qualities, including strategic vision, sound judgment, and ability to inspire.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with abilities to influence, persuade, and interface with members, and leaders in the corporate, and public service sectors and other stakeholders.
• Ability to set strategic direction and priorities and deliver the required outcomes.
• Ability to project WWF’s core values.
• Emotional intelligence, resilience, and an ability to encourage optimal teamwork and collaborative and transparent working relationships.
• Experience in environmental, conservation work, proven track record in fundraising and building relationships with the media are preferred.
• Experience in working with NGOs, expertise on governance and regulatory compliance in Korea, and the ability to support the governance responsibilities of NGO and Board of Directors are preferred.
• Proficient verbal & written communication skills in English and Korean. Seasoned public speaker in either language.
Type of contract
Open-ended (following 6-month probationary period)
How to apply?
If you would like to learn more and soon join our team, please send us your application written in English by email to email@example.com, including a letter of motivation and resume. Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea and this opportunity.