[채용] Oceans Project (Junior) OfficerDepartment Goals
We work to stop the degradation of planet and build the future which humans live in harmony with nature
Major Functions of the Position
The Project Officer of Oceans Conservation Team will be based in Seoul, Korea, working as a full time role under the fixed term contract.
He/she will work as a member of the Team under the supervision of the Programme Manager and Team Leader, but is expected to work with a high degree of anatomy and initiative.
Working closely with the Team members, he/she will engage in implementation of various projects and the programme activities, especially the projects designed to – but not limited to these;
- Promote the sustainable fishing practices in the distant water fisheries of Korea;
- Prevent illegal fishing activities involving fishing vessels, businesses and other stakeholders in the domestic and export seafood value chain and Improve traceability and transparency of the seafood produced, processed and traded therein;
- Facilitate and promote sustainable procurement practices of seafood in the domestic market, with the special emphasis on sustainability-certified seafood products, such as MSC and ASC; and
- Create drivers that shift consumer decision-making process and consumer behaviors towards sustainability in seafood consumption in the domestic market
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Working as a member of Ocean Conservation Team, the Project Officer is responsible for;
- Organizing and convening in-person and virtual meetings with key stakeholders e.g. government officials, fishing companies, cooperatives, seafood processors/traders/buyers/retailers, and NGOs
- Implementing and co-designing communication activities to increase the public and consumer awareness,
- Keeping track of, and monitoring in changes in, fisheries-/fishing-related policies at the Korean government agencies, Regional Fisheries Management Organizations, International Maritime Organizations, UN Food and Agriculture Organizations and other relevant national/international organizations and agreements
- Implementing and co-designing research and analysis to support the implementation of the projects and the overall Ocean Programme, or as integral parts thereof
- Liaising and maintaining regular contact with key stakeholders mentioned above
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in international laws/policies, conservation, science, or management related to oceans is preferred.
- Years of professional experience in conservation, policy-planning, environmental law, environment, and development related to ocean are preferred.
- Experiences in working in NGOs/NPOs, governmental agencies, international organizations, scientific organizations, aid agencies, seafood or fishing companies are preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of national and/or international environmental issues, multilateral environmental agreements, ocean-/ocean conservation-related issues, NGOs’ activities, such as policy advocacy at national and/or international levels
- Good understanding of NGOs-business relationships is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Korean (A high level of English proficiency is preferred)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of research tools and methodology
- Ability to collect and analyse useful data and information
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective computer skills.
- Reports to Oceans Team Manager, works with Ocean Conservation Team members, collaborate with partnership team, communication team, conservation team, fundraising team, finance and administration team
- Work with national and international governmental agencies, inter-governmental institute, multilateral environmental agreements, local, national and international NGOs, fishing and seafood companies
Type of contract
- 1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
How to apply?
If you would like to learn more & soon join our team, please send us your application by email to email@example.com including a letter of motivation in English & resume in Korean with 2 reference contacts.
Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea & this opportunity.
Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration number.
Deadline for applications: Jan. 28th, 2020 – Feb. 11th, 2020