[채용마감] Officer, Oceans Project
---본 채용 건은 마감되었습니다---
Oceans Project Officer (-1/21)WWF(세계자연기금)의 Ocean Project Officer는 인류와 자연이 조화를 이루는 미래를 구축하기 위하여 지속 가능한 바다를 실현하는 것을 궁극적인 목표로, 인간 활동과 관련된 해양 보전을 중심으로 활동하게 됩니다. 여기에는 정부, 기업, 국제기구 및 시민단체 등 다양한 이해관계자와의 소통이 포함됩니다. Oceans conservation team에 소속되어 국내∙외 Conservation & Partnership 팀과 긴밀히 협력하며 일하게 됩니다.
Major Functions of the Position
He/she will work as a member of the Team under the supervision of the Programme Manager and Team Leader, but is expected to work with a high degree of anatomy and initiative.
Working closely with the Team members, he/she will engage in implementation of various projects and the programme activities, especially the projects designed to – but not limited to these;
- Promote the sustainable fishing practices in the distant water fisheries of Korea;
- Prevent illegal fishing activities involving fishing vessels, businesses and other stakeholders in the domestic and export seafood value chain and Improve traceability and transparency of the seafood produced, processed and traded therein;
- Facilitate and promote sustainable procurement practices of seafood in the domestic market, with the special emphasis on sustainability-certified seafood products, such as MSC and ASC; and
- Create drivers that shift consumer decision-making process and consumer behaviors towards sustainability in seafood consumption in the domestic market
Main Tasks & Responsibilities [담당업무]Working as a member of Ocean Conservation Team, the Project Officer is responsible for;
- Organizing and convening in-person and virtual meetings with key stakeholders e.g. government officials, fishing companies, cooperatives, seafood processors/traders/buyers/retailers, and NGOs
- Implementing and co-designing communication activities to increase the public and consumer awareness,
- Keeping track of, and monitoring in changes in, fisheries-/fishing-related policies at the Korean government agencies, Regional Fisheries Management Organizations, International Maritime Organizations, UN Food and Agriculture Organizations and other relevant national/international organizations and agreements
- Implementing and co-designing research and analysis to support the implementation of the projects and the overall Ocean Programme, or as integral parts thereof
- Liaising and maintaining regular contact with key stakeholders mentioned above
Qualification & Experience
Required [자격조건] :1. Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of national and/or international environmental issues, multilateral environmental agreements, ocean-/ocean conservation-related issues, NGO’s activities, such as policy advocacy at national and/or international levels
- Knowledge of research tools and methodology
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Korean
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to collect and analyze useful data and information
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Effective computer skills.
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as lead or part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly changing environment
Preferred [우대조건] :1. Knowledge
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in international laws/policies, conservation, science, or management related to oceans is preferred.
- Good understanding of NGOs-business relationships is preferred
- A high level of English proficiency is preferred
- Years of professional experience in conservation, policy-planning, environmental law, environment, and development related to ocean are preferred.
- Experiences in working in NGOs/NPOs, governmental agencies, international organizations, scientific organizations, aid agencies, seafood or fishing companies are preferred.
- Reports to Oceans Team Manager, works with Ocean Conservation Team members, collaborate with other teams
- Work with national and international governmental agencies, inter-governmental institute, multilateral environmental agreements, local, national and international NGOs, fishing and seafood companies
Type of contract [고용형태]
- 1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
How to apply?If you would like to learn more & soon join our team, please send us your application by email to email@example.com including a letter of motivation in English & resume in Korean with 2 reference contacts.
Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea & this opportunity.
*Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration number.