[채용] Director of Conservation
Director of Conservation (-2/5)
We work to stop the degradation of planet and build the future which humans live in harmony with nature.
Major Functions of the PositionIn consultation with the WWF-Korea Executive Director, s/he oversees and coordinates WWF-Korea’s strategic plan design and implementation across conservation and partnerships. S/he supervises WWF-Korea’s Conservation and Partnership teams.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities [담당업무]
1. Strategic planning;
- Ensures effective design and implementation of the WWF-Korea Strategic Plan (FY2022-26), coordinating with WWF-Korea teams, and engaging other relevant WWF Network offices as needed.
- Works with the WWF-Korea programmatic staff to set overall directions for WWF-Korea’s impactful conservation efforts, coherent with the WWF-Korea, and the WWF's Global Conservation Programme.
- Ensures effective monitoring, evaluation and adaptive management of the WWF-Korea strategic plan, providing real-time information for programme managers, members and other key stakeholders.
2. Conservation Programme Management;
- Works intensively with conservation leaders across the Network to ensure the development and implementation of Global Practices and other high conservation priorities to achieve WWF’s Global Goals, and secure the resources necessary to implement those initiatives.
- Implements corporate engagement strategy with the support and guidance from the Executive Director, ensuring alignment with WWF’s global corporate strategy, and enhancing resources for WWF-Korea conservation priorities.
- Manages the WWF Korea Programme staff and is responsible for the application of resources (human and financial) within programme units to efficiently and effectively support major Global Practices relevant to WWF-Korea.
- Ensures efficient and effective operations, aligning them with WWF Network Standards, and meeting the reporting requirements of the WWF Network, the WWF-Korea Board, Korean partners (e.g., National and subnational Government, etc.) and other requirements of Korean Law.
- Represents WWF in national and international fora, particularly those related to Global Practices or the achievement of WWF’s global conservation priorities.
- Drives the WWF-Korea team’s proposal development efforts for potential institutional, private and individual major members.
3. Contributing to Fundraising;
- Pro-actively supports WWF-Korea’s fundraising efforts, working closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Director and using channels including digital/online, face-to-face (F2F), corporate, foundations, and high net worth individuals – to achieve targets agreed with the Board and the WWF Network.
- Builds and maintains relationships with major current and prospective partners, and with potential members – including individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies – , developing proposals and closing on major grants.
4. Undertakes other tasks as requested and agreed with the Executive Director.
Qualification & Experience1. Fluency in English;
2. A Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification in a field related with the conservation of nature, science and/or management;
- Minimum 20 years of work experience at organizations, preferably with some years of working at the executive level.
- Proven ability of management leadership;
- Proven abilities to build and unite a team of highly motivated and well - qualified staff, and to foster the integration of diverse, multi-disciplinary actors into focused initiatives addressing clear target
- Proven insight for the conservation of the environment;
- Experience in implementing programmes focused on the conservation of biodiversity or sustainable use of resources;
5. Superlative diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals (government representatives, members, public figures, staff), within a broad range of cultural environments;
6. Team-playing ability to integrate diverse activities within an evolving environment and to initiate and lead fruitful changes within an organisational framework
- SMT, including Executive Director, and Managers on the Programme and Fundraising side, Officers, and Interns as appropriate to ensure integration of all WWF-Korea programmatic and fundraising activities.
- Global staffs of the relevant WWF Global Practices and other offices in the Asia/Pacific region.
Other conservation bodies (governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental) to address WWF-Korea’s conservation and fundraising goals and develop initiatives to support them.
WWF-Korea's Mission and Values:1. It is a part of every staff member's terms of reference to contribute to WWF's mission. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by:
- Conserving the world's biological diversity
- Ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable
- Reducing pollution and wasteful consumption.
Type of contract [고용형태]
- 1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
- According to the fixed term review, extended contract can be offered.
How to apply?If you would like to learn more & soon join our team, please send us your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including;
- A letter of motivation in English,
- A resume in English,
- At least 2 contacts for the reference check
- 1st PT interview (Study material will be sent before the interview)
- Reference check,
- 2nd interview with the Chairman, and
- 3rd interview with the Director of conservation from WWF international
Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea & this opportunity.
*Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration number.