[채용공고] Climate & Energy Programme Officer
Climate & Energy Programme Officer세계 최대 자연 보전 기관인 WWF(세계자연기금)에서는 사람과 자연을 보호하며 기후 회복력 있는 미래를 구축하는 프로젝트 수행을 위한 WWF 네트워크, 정부/기업, 시민사회의 협력을 통해 하나뿐인 지구의 지속 가능한 미래를 함께 만들어갈 기후 에너지 프로그램 오피서를 채용합니다. 다양한 비즈니스 분야에서 기업과 글로벌 NGO가 지속 가능한 미래를 위해 만드는 프로젝트 수행을 통해 커리어를 키워 나갈 재능 있는 인재를 기다립니다.
Mission /Objectives of the DepartmentThe World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world’s largest and most experienced conservation organizations with a global network of 6000 experts working across areas most critical to global sustainable development, including food systems, climate and energy, and wildlife, freshwater, forests and oceans, active in more than 100 countries. Our approach is deeply rooted in science and our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people and nature thrive.
Decarbonising our economies quickly enough to limit climate disruptions to acceptable levels and adapting to the unavoidable impacts are key objectives for Climate & Energy practice. We will make the greatest possible contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, shifting to an efficient, low-impact renewable energy system, and building resilience of societies and ecosystems.
Climate & Energy Programme Officer plans and leads execution of focus strategy and core activities of the Programme. He/she communicates with the WWF network team to design and achieve goal and critical contribution aligned with global goals. He/she reports to Conservation Director. He/she represents the Programme to internal and external stakeholder and partner relations with government, private sector and civil society for the objectives (subject to be adjusted) as follows:
Major Functions of the Position
- By 2030, the world's greenhouse gas emissions are cut by at least 40% from 2010 levels, supported by the required systemic change in finance.
- Influence the Korean government to set up an ambitious national target to reduce GHG emission and transit to renewable energy to achieve the Paris Agreement’s goal.
- Motivate Korean companies to enhance their climate actions with SBT initiative and Right to Renewable Energy initiative.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Programme design and implementation
- Strategy development and implementation: Lead designing and implementing the Programme strategy to support and achieve the Korea office strategic objectives aligned with WWF global strategic outcomes and collaboration with climate and energy leaders across the network
- Positions and key messages development: Lead developing positions and effective key messages of the Programme with thorough consideration of the Practice positions and local circumstances
- Stakeholder engagement: Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders including those from corporate, government and NGO sectors in order to achieve strategic outcomes. Manage collaboration based on technical programme knowledge and insights with corporates, governments, and other NGOs
- Internal and external communications: Represent WWF Korea in relevant climate and energy national and international fora. Act as a WWF spokesperson on the Programme related issues in various forums and media
Project management and development
- Lead project delivery from project planning to successful delivery of scope of works agreed and achieve project objectives and outcomes
- Manage project financials and funder expectation through appropriate communication and reporting
- Lead proposal development and contribute to secure funds for stable on-going programme activities with qualities
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree needed
- Minimum 5 years of professional job experience or relevant academic research experience in climate change and energy transition programme needed
- Experiences in working with team and collaborating teams in enterprises needed
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Knowledge of research tools and methodology
- Specialized in environment, climate change, energy transition, climate finance, international policy, or business management related to climate is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Korean
- Strong leadership and demonstrated ability to plan and deliver works
- Ability to collect and analyse useful data and information
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Effective computer and office tools skills
- Working experiences in government agencies, large or medium scale of companies, or other relevant organizations are preferred.
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as lead or part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly changing environment
- Internal: work with climate & energy programme team, collaborate with conservation and partnership team as a team member, collaborate with communication team, fundraising team, and finance and administration team, and work with conservation director and other relevant colleagues in the network
- External: Governments, private sector corporate, and civil societies, and domestic market subject matter experts
Type of contract1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
-According to the fixed term review, extended contract can be offered.
How to apply?If you would like to learn more and soon join our team, please send us your application by email to email@example.com including following documents in one MS Word file; Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for.
- A letter of motivation in English,
- A resume in Korean,
- At least 2 contacts for the reference check
After the document screening, it will be processed as follows;
- 1st interview (PT)
- Reference check & Online Aptitude test
- 2nd interview with the Directors
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea and this opportunity.
Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration